Subject: Re: pkgsrc NetBSD 1.6.2/i386 bulk build results 2005-03-04
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: pkgsrc-bulk
Date: 03/05/2005 10:42:29

"Julio M. Merino Vidal" <> wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 13:20 +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 12:49:48AM +0100, Krister Walfridsson wrote:
> > 133a131
> > > net/tsocks                 1
> >=20
> >  ld  -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib   -I. -nostdlib -shared -o tso= common.o parser.o
> >  /usr/bin/ld: unrecognized option '-R/usr/pkg/lib'
> >  /usr/bin/ld: use the --help option for usage information
> Jan, this seems to be caused by your latest changes; could you please
> take a look at this?  I'm not sure how to solve it without breaking
> what you previously fixed.

Hmm, works on 2.0, and I thought I had tested it on 1.6.2, too.  My
1.6.2 machine is offline at the moment, I'll test it on Monday.

> (The problem is that now the program uses ld directly during the link,
> rather than cc, so the -Wl prefixes in LDFLAGS aren't recognised.)

Actually, the '-Wl' gets correctly stripped as the error message
indicates.  I don't know where this flag comes from anyway, since the
Makefile runs

${LD} ${LDFLAGS} ${SPECIALLIBS} ${LIBS} ${INCLUDES} -nostdlib ....

and LDFLAGS, SPECIALLIBS and LIBS are empty.

We should be able to completely drop this altogether, as the library is
entirely self-sustained and doesn't need any other libraries to begin

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (NetBSD)