Subject: Re: Problem with bulk build dependency checking
To: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: pkgsrc-bulk
Date: 01/18/2005 18:02:34
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Krister Walfridsson wrote:

> The bulk build used to check the build time of the packages in the
> depends list, so that packages would be rebuilt when some of
> its depends were newer.  This stopped to work recently (as can be
> seen from my bulk builds that needed just 4 hours to finish even
> though perl58 and tiff had been updated...)
>
> I would guess that it was Todd's recent Interix changes that broke
> it,

That change is bsd.bulk-pkg.mk 1.68, consisting of only

-               deps=${DEPENDS:C/:.*//:Q} ; \
-               for dep in $$deps ; do \
+               (${DEPENDS:C/:.*$//:@d@${ECHO} ${d:Q};@} ${TRUE}) | \
+               while read dep; do \

which does not affect the "find ... -newer" check that I believe is supposed
to give your functionality, several lines down from there.

So it was probably broken earlier than this.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>