Subject: Problem with bulk build dependency checking
To: None <jlam@netbsd.org, tv@netbsd.org, jmmv@netbsd.org>
From: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
List: pkgsrc-bulk
Date: 01/18/2005 23:55:10
The bulk build used to check the build time of the packages in the
depends list, so that packages would be rebuilt when some of
its depends were newer.  This stopped to work recently (as can be
seen from my bulk builds that needed just 4 hours to finish even
though perl58 and tiff had been updated...)

I would guess that it was Todd's recent Interix changes that broke
it, but I have also noticed that my build logs from end of
December lack the "Required binary package $$dep (`basename $$pkg`)
is newer, rebuilding..." messages (although the builds seems to
take the correct amount of time...), so I guess there may be
more than one problem...

Any idea what is wrong?

    /Krister