Subject: Re: pkgsrc Interix 3.5/i386 bulk build results 2005-01-17 (archivers/*)
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: pkgsrc-bulk
Date: 01/18/2005 08:03:23
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

> > security/libgcrypt         9       tech-pkg@NetBSD.org
>
> Looks like this package is win32-ready when using cygwin.  But it's
> checking for the _WIN32 macro everywhere.  What's the proper procedure
> to get this defined in Interix (hoping that doing this will fix it)?

That is probably not appropriate.  Interix really is a Unix compatible
environment, with real ELF-like shared objects, and has no access to the
Win32 subsystem or Win32 DLLs.

The error here appears to be lack of an appropriate #include; in this case,
it's missing <sys/select.h> (and expecting "some other system header" to
include it automagically, which is wrong).

I'll create the appropriate patch and fix it.  Fortunately there is already
an autoconf check for <sys/select.h> in the package.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>