Re: pkgsrc NetBSD 2.0_RC5/i386 bulk build results 2004-11-30

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Thomas Klausner wrote:

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 09:42:07PM +0100, Krister Walfridsson wrote:
One thing that would be nice would be if the bulk build could
check that the packages did not install any files in "forbidden"
locations, and mark the packages as broken if they did...

It already does, if you use sandboxes, by mounting some directories
read-only. What "forbidden" locations are you thinking of?
Are you using sandboxes?

I'm using sandboxes, but all directories are not mounted read-only.
For example /etc is created read/write, but packages should in
general not install files there.

This particular failure we are talking about is that some packages
creates /etc/rc.d/init.d and install files in it (of course without
having them in PLISTs etc.) and later packages are being confused
when they find we have a /etc/rc.d/init.d.  So /etc/rc.d/init.d is
a good example on such an "forbidden" location.

Actually, there are not many files in /etc that a package should need
to change/add, so packages that changes anything in /etc (with a few
exceptions) should IMHO be marked as broken by the bulk build.

   /Krister