Re: pkgsrc NetBSD 2.0_RC1/i386 bulk build results 2004-10-31

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 12:57:39PM -0500, Todd Vierling wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Krister Walfridsson wrote:
>
> > > So the problem is that "make show-depends-dirs" does not DTRT
> > > for devel/libgail-gnome.  I have no clue why...
> >
> > So I have looked some more.
> >
> > The problem is that the dependencies from buildlink3.mk files that
> > are included from other buildlink3.mk files are not added to the
> > list returned from "make show-depends-dirs".  Is this a bug or
> > a feature?

Aha.  I know whats wrong here.  In x11/gnome-panel/Makefile we have no
.include "../../x11/gnome2-control-center/buildlink3.mk"
yet in x11/gnome-panel/buildlink3.mk, we do have that line.

So what happens is the bulk build system looks at whats needed to build
x11/gnome-panel and gnome2-control-center is not listed so its not ending
up in the dependency tree.  However, when something includes the gnome-panel
buildlink3.mk file, all of a sudden there is a dependency on
gnome2-control-center.

Now, if anyone has a fast machine and can check this out, I'd appreciate it.
It will probably take my aging system a week to compile all this stuff to
verify its ok even though I'm pretty certain the fix we want is to add

.include "../../x11/gnome2-control-center/buildlink3.mk"
to x11/gnome-panel/Makefile

This would seem like a candidate for pkglint.  Some way to check that a
buildlink3.mk
file for some package isn't listing dependencies that the package Makefile does
not
list.

-Dan