Subject: Re: Cleaning up older binaries
To: None <pkgsrc-bulk@NetBSD.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: pkgsrc-bulk
Date: 08/31/2004 21:25:52
--jCrbxBqMcLqd4mOl

John Klos <john@ziaspace.com> wrote:
> >>How does one clean up a set of binaries of older / insecure packages? As
> >>things are updated on pkgsrc-2004Q2, I'd like to get rid of some of the
> >>older things, and I'd rather not upload insecure packages and wait for
> >>them to be cleaned out on the ftp server.
> >
> >Maybe do an 'upload' to a temporary directory and then rsync --delete
> >that dir with your pkgs dir.  (Not tested.)
>=20
> I mean this for my local directories. VAX and m68k bulk builds take a lon=
g=20
> time, so I don't want to start clean each time.

Yes, I understand.  'upload' should only put binary packages into the
target directory (which may or may not be local) that do not have any
security issues.  I don't know whether or not it only ``uploads''
current versions or also any older versions.

Actually, 'upload' also checks for outdated packages (or at least it
invokes linktpkgsrc with '-p').  Without having tested it and just from
looking at it, I think that 'upload' should do what you want.

-Jan

--=20
Information wants to be free.

--jCrbxBqMcLqd4mOl