[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
PR/53799 CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/fossil
The following reply was made to PR pkg/53799; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: "Benny Siegert" <bsiegert%netbsd.org@localhost>
Subject: PR/53799 CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/fossil
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 12:19:14 +0000
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: bsiegert
Date: Wed Dec 19 12:19:14 UTC 2018
pkgsrc/devel/fossil: Makefile distinfo
Update fossil to 2.7. From atomicules in PR pkg/53799.
Changes for Version 2.7 (2018-09-22)
* Add the email alerts feature for commits, ticket changes, wiki changes,
forum posts, and announcements. This is still a work in progress. It is
functional, but it is not as easy to setup and use as it ought to be.
* Add the discussion forum feature.
* Add new user capabilities letters needed to support alerts and forum.
Formerly, user capabilities were letters from [a-z], but with the
enhancements, the supply of lower case letters was exhausted. User
capabilities are now letters in [a-zA-Z0-9].
* The built-in skins are now responsive, providing better layout on small
screens, including mobile devices.
* The default skin now includes a hamburger menu that is generated by the /
* All of the built-in skins now use a Content Security Policy (CSP) to help
prevent cross-site injection and forgery attacks. There are no known
vulnerabilities in Fossil. The added CSP does not fix anything; it merely
adds another layer of defense.
* The /sitemap and other list pages show as multiple columns if the viewing
window is wide enough.
* There is an optional "js" file for each skin that can be used to hold
header or footer.
* Add the backoffice.
* Update internal Unicode character tables, used in regular expression
handling, from version 10.0 to 11.0.
* Improvements to the "Security Audit" administration page
* Add the fossil branch current command.
* Add the grep command.
* Update the built-in SQLite to version 3.25.1.
* Some code and interfaces are in place to support sending and receiving
email directly via SMTP, but this feature is not yet complete or ready for
* The `mv-rm-files` setting is now compiled into Fossil in the default Fossil
configuration; no longer must you say ./configure --with-legacy-mv-rm to
make it available. The setting remains disabled by default, however, so you
must still say fossil set mv-rm-files 1 to enable it on each repository
where you want hard mv/rm behavior.
Changes for Version 2.6 (2018-05-04)
* Fix a bug that was causing crashes while trying to clone the TCL
repository. This fix is the main reason for the current release.
* Added the new "Classic" timeline viewing mode. "Classic" is the same as
"Verbose" in the previous release. The "Verbose" mode is now like "Compact"
except the extra check-in details are shown by default.
* Add support for ETags:, Last-Modified:, and If-Modified-Since: cache
* Enhance the /tarball, /zip, and /sqlar pages so that the checkin name to be
downloaded can be expressed as part of the URI, and without the need for
* On the /timeline webpage, add the days=N query parameter and enhance the
ymd=DATE and yw=DATE query parameters to accept 'now' as an argument to
show the latest day or week.
* In the web page that comes up in response to the fossil all ui command,
show the last modification time for each repository, and allow
click-to-sort on the modification time column.
* In the tarball cache replacement algorithm, give extra weight to tarballs
that have been accessed more than once.
* Additional defenses against web-based attacks. There have not been any
known vulnerabilities. We are just being paranoid.
* Update the built-in SQLite to an alpha version of 3.24.0.
Changes for Version 2.5 (2018-02-07)
* Numerous enhancements to the look and feel of the web interface.
Especially: Added separate "Modern", "Compact", "Verbose", and "Columnar"
view options on timelines.
* Common display settings (such as the "view" option and the number of rows
in a timeline) are held in a cookie and thus persist across multiple pages.
* Rework the skin editing process so that changes are implemented on one of
nine /draft pages, evaluated, then merged back to the default.
* Added the Ardoise skin.
* Fix the "fossil server" command on Unix to be much more responsive to
multiple simultaneous web requests.
* Use the IPv6 stack for the "fossil ui" and "fossil server" commands on
* Support for SQL Archives as a download option.
* Fossil now automatically generates the <html><head>...</head><body> at the
beginning of each web page if the configurable header lacks a <body> tag.
* Added the /artifact_stats page, currently accessible only by the
* Upgrade to the latest versions of SQLite and OpenSSL.
* Improved key bindings on the Tk diff screen generated by "fossil diff
This is a step along the road toward supporting a strict Content Security
Policy. More work is to be done.
* Initial infrastructure is in place to make use of the pledge() system call
in OpenBSD. More work is to be done.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.46 -r1.47 pkgsrc/devel/fossil/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.29 -r1.30 pkgsrc/devel/fossil/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |