[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
PR/15337 CVS commit: pkgsrc/math/R
The following reply was made to PR pkg/15337; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: "Mark Davies" <markd%netbsd.org@localhost>
Subject: PR/15337 CVS commit: pkgsrc/math/R
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 10:57:21 +0000
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: markd
Date: Thu Feb 6 10:57:21 UTC 2014
pkgsrc/math/R: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update to R 3.0.2
* The NEWS files have been re-organized.
This file contains news for R >= 3.0.0: news for the 0.x.y, 1.x.y
and 2.x.y releases is in files NEWS.0, NEWS.1 and NEWS.2. The
latter files are now installed when R is installed. An HTML
version of news from 2.10.0 to 2.15.3 is available as
* sum() for integer arguments now uses an integer accumulator of at
least 64 bits and so will be more accurate in the very rare case
that a cumulative sum exceeds 2^53 (necessarily summing more than
4 million elements).
* The example() and tools::Rd2ex() functions now have parameters to
allow them to ignore \dontrun markup in examples. (Suggested by
* str(x) is considerably faster for very large lists, or factors
with 100,000 levels, the latter as in PR#15337.
* col2rgb() now converts factors to character strings not integer
codes (suggested by Bryan Hanson).
* tail(warnings()) now works, via the new `[` method.
* There is now support for the LaTeX style file zi4.sty which has
in some distributions replaced inconsolata.sty.
* unlist(x) now typically returns all non-list xs unchanged, not
just the "vector" ones. Consequently, format(lst) now also works
when the list lst has non-vector elements.
* The tools::getVignetteInfo() function has been added to give
information about installed vignettes.
* New assertCondition(), etc. utilities in tools, useful for
* Profiling now records non-inlined calls from byte-compiled code
to BUILTIN functions.
* Various functions in stats and elsewhere that use non-standard
evaluation are now more careful to follow the namespace scoping
rules. E.g. stats::lm() can now find stats::model.frame() even
if stats is not on the search path or if some package defines a
function of that name.
* If an invalid/corrupt .Random.seed object is encountered in the
workspace it is ignored with a warning rather than giving an
error. (This allows R itself to rely on a working RNG, e.g. to
choose a random port.)
* seq() and seq.int() give more explicit error messages if called
with invalid (e.g. NaN) inputs.
* When parse() finds a syntax error, it now makes partial parse
information available up to the location of the error. (Request
of Reijo Sund.)
* Methods invoked by NextMethod() had a different dynamic parent to
the generic. This was causing trouble where S3 methods invoked
via lazy evaluation could lose track of their generic.
* Code for the negative binomial distribution now treats the case
size == 0 as a one-point distribution at zero.
* abbreviate() handles without warning non-ASCII input strings
which require no abbreviation.
* read.dcf() no longer has a limit of 8191 bytes per line. (Wish of
* formatC(x) no longer copies the class of x to the result, to
avoid misuse creating invalid objects as in PR#15303. A warning
is given if a class is discarded.
* Dataset npk has been copied from MASS to allow more tests to be
run without recommended packages being installed.
* The initialization of the regression coefficients for
non-degenerate differenced models in arima() has been changed and
in some examples avoids a local maximum. (PR#15396)
* termplot() now has an argument transform.x to control the display
of individual terms in the plot. (PR#15329)
* format() now supports digits = 0, to display nsmall decimal
* There is a new read-only par() parameter called "page", which
returns a logical value indicating whether the next plot.new()
call will start a new page.
* Processing Sweave and Rd documents to PDF now renders backticks
* utils::modifyList() gets a new argument keep.null allowing NULL
components in the replacement to be retained, instead of causing
corresponding components to be deleted.
* tools::pkgVignettes() gains argument check; if set to TRUE, it
will warn when it appears a vignette requests a non-existent
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.143 -r1.144 pkgsrc/math/R/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.17 -r1.18 pkgsrc/math/R/PLIST
cvs rdiff -u -r1.56 -r1.57 pkgsrc/math/R/distinfo
cvs rdiff -u -r1.1 -r0 pkgsrc/math/R/patches/patch-doc_manual_R-defs.texi \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |