[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: pkg/48447: update pkgsrc/net/ruby-tw to 1.0.2 withrequirednewgems
The following reply was made to PR pkg/48447; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost>
Cc: pkg-manager%netbsd.org@localhost, gnats-admin%netbsd.org@localhost,
Subject: Re: pkg/48447: update pkgsrc/net/ruby-tw to 1.0.2 withrequirednewgems
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 03:03:17 +0900
> > Please stop claiming your personal opinion of "usage of devel"
> > in this PR.
> Why is obache's personal opinion any better than mine? Mine is at
> least consistent with the evidence.
If you blindly believe "consistent is better thing", it's simply false.
- no advantage on your "consistent" with current wrong usage of devel
- definitions of "devel is for development utilities" and
"general purpose utilities should be in misc" are much saner than yours
- obache also mentioned why current wrong usage couldn't be fixed
- if you really want consistency you can propose to move
"general purpose" packages from devel to misc
- you said you didn't know Ruby first and I said I'd follow Ruby guys
If you still have comlaints, create another thread in proper lists.
This PR is filed to update net/ruby-tw.
Main Index |
Thread Index |