[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
pkg/48204: pkgsrc www/adzap package not really functional
>Synopsis: www/adzap cannot zap ads after pkgsrc install
>Arrival-Date: Tue Sep 10 10:55:00 +0000 2013
>Release: NetBSD 6.99.23
System: NetBSD rover 6.99.23 NetBSD 6.99.23 (ROVER) #32: Sun Sep 8 16:09:46 CST
2013 toor@rover:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/ROVER amd64
1) The package www/adzap as installed from pkgsrc will not zap any
advertisements because the version of the squid_redirect installed does
not contain any pattern data.
2) The adzap script installed into libexec has not had the
zapper line modified to contain the correct location of the squid_redirect
3) The squid_redirect script relies on a "flush.pl" perl
module which is not installed with perl5.
Install www/adzap and attempt to use it as a redirector with
squid, watch squid restart when a client attempts to load pages due to the
redirectors dying too fast.
1) On install (or maybe fetch) of the package the version of
squid_redirect located at http://adzapper.sourceforge.net/scripts/squid_redirect
should be fetched and installed instead of the squid_redirect-nodata
that is currently installed.
2) Perform a pattern substitution to set the path to squid_redirect
in the adzap script.
3) Either make a package for flush.pl (hardly worth it..) or otherwise
install it. The file is available on CPAN and does work fine with perl5.
Main Index |
Thread Index |