[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: pkg/46230: [Failed Compilation] multimedia/vlc2-2.0.0nb1
The following reply was made to PR pkg/46230; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: "OBATA Akio" <obache%netbsd.org@localhost>
Subject: Re: pkg/46230: [Failed Compilation] multimedia/vlc2-2.0.0nb1
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 22:48:59 +0900
This issues will be happened as following reason:
1. configure is checking whether mmx/sse/sse2 are available with
but not set to CFLAGS to build.
2. VLC_MMX/VLC_SSE will not be defined as proper variable unless
defined or GCC_VERSION>=4.4 (in include/vlc_cpu.h).
Then without code changes, either of following will resolve this issue:
1. configure with --disable-mmx --disable-sse
2. add proper cpu tune flags to CFLAGS
1. is regression for users setting proper cpu tune flags in own CFLAGS.
2. may kill to use binary package on machines lacking such features.
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost
Main Index |
Thread Index |