[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
RE: pkg/45398 (update fonts/gucharmap (patches incl.))
The following reply was made to PR pkg/45398; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: "Larson, Timothy E." <TELarson%west.com@localhost>
To: "'gnats-bugs%NetBSD.org@localhost'" <gnats-bugs%NetBSD.org@localhost>
Subject: RE: pkg/45398 (update fonts/gucharmap (patches incl.))
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 09:16:44 -0500
> Synopsis: update fonts/gucharmap (patches incl.)
> State-Changed-From-To: open->suspended
> State-Changed-By: wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost
> State-Changed-When: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 23:43:13 +0000
> Thank you for the update.
> There are two problems though:
> 1) it is for a beta version (the odd numbers in the second place are
> unstable versions, like for the Linux kernel)
> 2) it is used by Gnome, and we are still using Gnome 2 in pkgsrc; but thi=
> version is for Gnome 3 I've suspended the PR since it could be used for a=
> eventual update to 3.2 or newer.
Well, shoot. I'd followed the link I thought was for the latest release, a=
nd didn't get any indication it was unstable. (Maybe knowledge of version =
conventions is assumed.) Anyway, 3.2.0 was released over the weekend. I'l=
l update my local version to that and send a patch. If you keep it on hold=
, that's fine, but maybe you can use it down that road.
Main Index |
Thread Index |