[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
PR/44165 CVS commit: pkgsrc/www/varnish
The following reply was made to PR pkg/44165; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: "Thomas Klausner" <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost>
Subject: PR/44165 CVS commit: pkgsrc/www/varnish
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 14:25:45 +0000
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Mon Dec 6 14:25:45 UTC 2010
pkgsrc/www/varnish: Makefile PLIST distinfo
pkgsrc/www/varnish/files: varnishd.sh varnishlog.sh varnishncsa.sh
Update to 2.1.4, provided by Matthew Sporleder in PR 44165.
Includes new startup scripts.
Summary of changes from 2.1.3 to 2.1.4
* A bug in the binary heap layout caused inflated object counts, this has
* Much more comprehensive documentation.
* A DNS director that uses DNS lookups for choosing which backend to route
requests to has been added.
* The client director now uses the variable client.identity for choosing
which backend to send a given request to.
* String representation of now, making it easier to add Expires headers
* Portability fixes for Solaris.
* Various bug fixes.
Summary of changes from 2.1.2 to 2.1.3
* The scalability of critbit, the default hashing method, has been
* A bug in varnishd would in some cases confuse varnishncsa leading to
lost or wrong log lines.
* Some bugs in the handling of Range requests has been fixed. This only
matters if you enable Range support.
* Add Â«logÂ» command to VCL which will log to the Varnish log.
Summary of changes from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2
* When adding Range support in 2.1.1 an error was introduced. Garbage was
appended to some objects. This affected some load balancers - but clients
seemed not to be affected.
Summary of changes from 2.1.0 to 2.1.1
* Experimental support for the Range header, must be enabled with the
* A bug in workspace rollback prevented ESI from working correctly in all
situations. This is now fixed.
* A race condition and a deadlock in the critbit hasher have been fixed.
* HEAD requests are no longer converted to GET requests for pass and pipe.
* Support for completely obliterating objects including all variants
(Â«nukeÂ»). See http://varnish-cache.org/changeset/4668 for details
Summary of changes from 2.0.6 to 2.1.0
Varnish 2.1.0 has just been released. It contains lots of changes relative to
2.0.6, the most important ones being:
* Experimental support for persistent cache
* The regular expression engine is now PCRE
* Saint mode, where we can serve a cached object if the backend is down or
* A more scalable hashing method called critbit
* Increased scalability, removing a limitation of maximum 64k connections
* obj_workspace is removed, this is now scaled automatically
* Hashing and client IP based directors
Note: The release has some syntaxchanges in VCL, please read the full changelog
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.7 -r1.8 pkgsrc/www/varnish/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/www/varnish/PLIST
cvs rdiff -u -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/www/varnish/distinfo
cvs rdiff -u -r0 -r1.1 pkgsrc/www/varnish/files/varnishd.sh \
cvs rdiff -u -r0 -r1.3 pkgsrc/www/varnish/patches/patch-ac
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |