[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
PR/41674 CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/py-Optik
The following reply was made to PR pkg/41674; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: OBATA Akio <obache%netbsd.org@localhost>
Subject: PR/41674 CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/py-Optik
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 10:35:28 +0000
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: obache
Date: Thu Feb 4 10:35:28 UTC 2010
pkgsrc/devel/py-Optik: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update py-Optik to 1.5.3.
Based on PR#41674 by Kamel Derouiche.
1.5.3 (23 Jul 2006)
* Port r47026 from Python svn repository: fix unit test so
it doesn't screw up other tests in the Python test suite.
1.5.2 (22 Jul 2006)
* Minor documentation tweaks.
* SF bug #1498146: handle Unicode help strings (affects option help,
description, and epilog).
1.5.1 (19 Apr 2006)
* Fix so the 'merge' script works again (bugs spotted, and mostly
fixed, by Andrea 'fwyzard' Bocci).
* SF bug #1145594: add 'destroy()' method to OptionParser so
applications can explicitly break reference cycles, making life
easier for Python's garbage collector.
* SF feature #988126: add 'epilog' attribute to OptionParser
(and constructor arg): paragraph of text to print after the
main option help.
* Corrected French translation (po/optik/fr.po) (Laurent Laporte).
* Beefed up reference guide.
* Backported to Python 2.0/2.1 (Giovanni Bajo).
1.5 (6 Dec 2004)
(All changes first released in Optik 1.5a1 except as noted.)
* Optik now requires Python 2.2 or later.
* Add expansion of default values in help text: the string
"%default" in an option's help string is expanded to str() of
that option's default value, or "none" if no default value.
* SF bug #955889: option default values that happen to be strings are
now processed in the same way as values from the command line; this
allows generation of nicer help when using custom types. Can
be disabled with parser.set_process_default_values(False).
* SF bug #960515: don't crash when generating help for callback
options that specify 'type', but not 'dest' or 'metavar'.
* SF feature #815264: change the default help format for short options
that take an argument from e.g. "-oARG" to "-o ARG"; add
set_short_opt_delimiter() and set_long_opt_delimiter() methods to
HelpFormatter to allow (slight) customization of the formatting.
* SF patch #736940: internationalize Optik: all built-in user-
targeted literal strings are passed through gettext.gettext(). Also
added po/ directory for message catalog and translations, so that
Optik-based applications have a single place to go for translations
of Optik's built-in messags. Include translations for Danish and
German (thanks to Frederik S. Olesen and Martin v. L
respectively), and partial translations for French (by me).
* SF bug #878453 (Python): respect $COLUMNS environment variable for
wrapping help output.
* SF feature #964317: allow type objects to specify option types;
allow "str" as an alias for "string".
* SF feature #988122: expand "%prog" in the 'description' passed
to OptionParser, just like in the 'usage' and 'version' strings.
(This is *not* done in the 'description' passed to OptionGroup.)
* Added HTML-formatted docs to the source distribution (in addition
to the reStructuredText source files).
* Added three new examples: custom_source.py, custom_type.py, and
* Remove the old, broken "ignore" option conflict handler -- was
only needed for compatibility with Optik 1.1.
* Move documentation into docs/ directory, and write a script
(mkpydoc) to automatically convert it to LaTeX for the Python
standard library manual. Many documentation improvements.
* SF #997100: attempt to avoid triggering a FutureWarning in
__repr__() when using id() with "%x" (1.5a2).
* SF #1048725: fix typo in Values.__eq__() introduced in 1.5a1.
* Fix test script so it plays nice when being run with other test
scripts (as in the Python test suite) (1.5a2).
* SF patch #870807: allow users to specify integer option arguments
in hexadecimal, octal, or binary with leading "0x", "0", or "0b"
* SF feature #1050184: add 'append_const' action (patch by
Andrea 'fwyzard' Bocci) (1.5 final).
* Keep going if importing gettext fails (so optparse can be used
in the Python build process) (1.5 final).
Python 2.3 (29 July 2003)
(A couple of fixes were made in Optik in time for its inclusion in
Python 2.3 as optparse, but I never got around to making a corresponding
bug-fix release of Optik.)
* Add __all__ to optik package and optparse module (fixes
SF bug #728563).
* Fix so the 'prog' attribute of OptionParser (which was
surreptitiously added in 1.4.1, but undocumented, untested,
and not working) actually works.
1.4.1 (20 Apr 2003)
* Changed to use the new textwrap module included with Python 2.3.
Includes a copy of textwrap.py for use with older Python versions.
* Set __all__ in each of the optik.* modules, to make life easier for
* Rewrote the test suite to use PyUnit, and added some new tests
that revealed some long-hidden bugs. Fixed those bugs.
(Thanks to Johannes Gijsbers for doing all the work!)
* For versions of Python with builtin True and False values (ie.
Python 2.2.1 and later), make store_true/store_false use them.
* Add forwards-compatibility 'optparse' module, so scripts can
import from 'optparse' and work under base Python 2.3, or
under older Pythons with Optik 1.4.1 or later installed.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.13 -r1.14 pkgsrc/devel/py-Optik/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/devel/py-Optik/PLIST \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |