[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
PR/4577 CVS commit: pkgsrc
The following reply was made to PR pkg/4577; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: Antoine Reilles <tonio%netbsd.org@localhost>
Subject: PR/4577 CVS commit: pkgsrc
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 21:48:14 +0000
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: tonio
Date: Mon Sep 7 21:48:14 UTC 2009
pkgsrc/lang/ocaml: Makefile.common PLIST PLIST.opt PLIST.prof distinfo
pkgsrc/lang/ocaml/patches: patch-aj patch-at patch-au patch-ax patch-ay
patch-az patch-ba patch-bb patch-bc patch-bd patch-be patch-bf
patch-bg patch-bh patch-bi patch-bk patch-bq patch-br patch-bs
pkgsrc/x11/ocaml-graphics: Makefile PLIST
Update lang/ocaml to 3.11.1 [PR pkg/41695]
(Changes that can break existing programs are marked with a "*" )
- Addition of lazy patterns: "lazy <pat>" matches suspensions whose values,
after forcing, match the pattern <pat>.
- Introduction of private abbreviation types "type t = private <type-expr>",
for abstracting the actual manifest type in type abbreviations.
- Subtyping is now allowed between a private abbreviation and its definition,
and between a polymorphic method and its monomorphic instance.
- The file name for a compilation unit should correspond to a valid
identifier (Otherwise dynamic linking and other things can fail, and
a warning is emitted.)
* Revised -output-obj: the output name must now be provided; its
extension must be one of .o/.obj, .so/.dll, or .c for the
bytecode compiler. The compilers can now produce a shared library
(with all the needed -ccopts/-ccobjs options) directly.
- -dtypes renamed to -annot, records (in .annot files) which function calls
are tail calls.
- All compiler error messages now include a file name and location, for
better interaction with Emacs' compilation mode.
- Optimized compilation of "lazy e" when the argument "e" is
- Optimized compilation of equality tests with a variant constant constructor.
- The -dllib options recorded in libraries are no longer ignored when
-use_runtime or -use_prims is used (unless -no_auto_link is
- Check that at most one of -pack, -a, -shared, -c, -output-obj is
given on the command line.
- Optimized compilation of private types as regular manifest types
(e.g. abbreviation to float, float array or record types with only
- New port: Mac OS X / Intel in 64-bit mode (configure with -cc "gcc -m64").
- A new option "-shared" to produce a plugin that can be dynamically
loaded with the native version of Dynlink.
- A new option "-nodynlink" to enable optimizations valid only for code
that is never dynlinked (no-op except for AMD64).
- More aggressive unboxing of floats and boxed integers.
- Can select which assembler and asm options to use at configuration time.
- New implementation of the page table describing the heap (two-level
array in 32 bits, sparse hashtable in 64 bits), fixes issues with address
space randomization on 64-bit OS (PR#4448).
- New "generational" API for registering global memory roots with the GC,
enables faster scanning of global roots.
(The functions are caml_*_generational_global_root in <caml/memory.h>.)
- New function "caml_raise_with_args" to raise an exception with several
arguments from C.
- Changes in implementation of dynamic linking of C code:
under Win32, use Alain Frisch's flexdll implementation of the dlopen
API; under MacOSX, use dlopen API instead of MacOSX bundle API.
- Programs may now choose a first-fit allocation policy instead of
the default next-fit. First-fit reduces fragmentation but is
slightly slower in some cases.
- Parsing library: new function "set_trace" to programmatically turn
on or off the printing of a trace during parsing.
- Printexc library: new functions "print_backtrace" and "get_backtrace"
to obtain a stack backtrace of the most recently raised exception.
New function "record_backtrace" to turn the exception backtrace mechanism
on or off from within a program.
- Scanf library: fine-tuning of meta format implementation;
fscanf behaviour revisited: only one input buffer is allocated for any
given input channel;
the %n conversion does not count a lookahead character as read.
- Dynlink: on some platforms, the Dynlink library is now available in
native code. The boolean Dynlink.is_native allows the program to
know whether it has been compiled in bytecode or in native code.
- Bigarrays: added "unsafe_get" and "unsafe_set"
(non-bound-checking versions of "get" and "set").
- Bigarrays: removed limitation "array dimension < 2^31".
- Labltk: added support for TK 8.5.
- Num: added conversions between big_int and int32, nativeint, int64.
More efficient implementation of Num.quo_num and Num.mod_num.
- Threads: improved efficiency of mutex and condition variable operations;
improved interaction with Unix.fork (PR#4577).
- Unix: added getsockopt_error returning type Unix.error.
Added support for TCP_NODELAY and IPV6_ONLY socket options.
- Win32 Unix: "select" now supports all kinds of file descriptors.
Improved emulation of "lockf" (PR#4609).
- ocamldebug now supported under Windows (MSVC and Mingw ports),
but without the replay feature. (Contributed by Dmitry Bely
and Sylvain Le Gall at OCamlCore with support from Lexifi.)
- ocamldoc: new option -no-module-constraint-filter to include functions
hidden by signature constraint in documentation.
- ocamlmklib and ocamldep.opt now available under Windows ports.
- ocamlmklib no longer supports the -implib option.
- ocamlnat: an experimental native toplevel (not built by default).
* programs linked with camlp4lib.cma now also need dynlink.cma.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.22 -r1.23 pkgsrc/lang/ocaml/Makefile.common
cvs rdiff -u -r1.20 -r1.21 pkgsrc/lang/ocaml/PLIST
cvs rdiff -u -r1.14 -r1.15 pkgsrc/lang/ocaml/PLIST.opt
cvs rdiff -u -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/lang/ocaml/PLIST.prof
cvs rdiff -u -r1.44 -r1.45 pkgsrc/lang/ocaml/distinfo
cvs rdiff -u -r1.6 -r1.7 pkgsrc/lang/ocaml/patches/patch-aj
cvs rdiff -u -r1.16 -r1.17 pkgsrc/lang/ocaml/patches/patch-at
cvs rdiff -u -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/lang/ocaml/patches/patch-au \
pkgsrc/lang/ocaml/patches/patch-ax pkgsrc/lang/ocaml/patches/patch-bq \
cvs rdiff -u -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/lang/ocaml/patches/patch-ay \
pkgsrc/lang/ocaml/patches/patch-az pkgsrc/lang/ocaml/patches/patch-be \
pkgsrc/lang/ocaml/patches/patch-bf pkgsrc/lang/ocaml/patches/patch-bh \
pkgsrc/lang/ocaml/patches/patch-bi pkgsrc/lang/ocaml/patches/patch-bk \
cvs rdiff -u -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/lang/ocaml/patches/patch-ba \
cvs rdiff -u -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/lang/ocaml/patches/patch-bb \
pkgsrc/lang/ocaml/patches/patch-bc pkgsrc/lang/ocaml/patches/patch-bd \
cvs rdiff -u -r1.9 -r1.10 pkgsrc/x11/ocaml-graphics/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/x11/ocaml-graphics/PLIST
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |