[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
PR/40223 CVS commit: pkgsrc/www
The following reply was made to PR pkg/40223; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: OBATA Akio <obache%netbsd.org@localhost>
Subject: PR/40223 CVS commit: pkgsrc/www
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 11:57:24 +0000 (UTC)
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: obache
Date: Thu Jan 8 11:57:24 UTC 2009
pkgsrc/www/htmldoc: Makefile PLIST distinfo options.mk
Update htmldoc to 1.8.27.
Based on PR 40223.
* Change HOMPAGE for open source version.
* Add missng dependency on devel/zlib.
* Optionify of SSL support and let gnutls to selectable.
* Rename undocumented htmldoc-gui option to x11, it's better match for
CHANGES IN HTMLDOC v1.8.27
- Fixed a crash bug that appeared when more than 10 blank
pages were present in a document (PR #6223)
- Color changes were not reflected in PRE text (STR #129)
- Remote URLs did not always work on older operating
systems (PR #6179)
- Image filenames using % escapes were not decoded
- Rows using BGCOLOR that spanned across multiple pages
did not render properly (PR #6149)
- Rows no longer start on a new page due to a cell with
both HEIGHT and ROWSPAN specified (PR #6086)
- CMYK JPEG images caused HTMLDOC to crash (PR #6106)
- Table cell width calculations didn't always account for
the proper minimum width (STR #121)
- Images were not copied when generating indexed HTML
output to a directory (STR #117)
- Changing the bottom margin resulted in text that was
formatted below the bottom margin.
- The Monospace-Oblique font was not embedded properly in
CHANGES IN HTMLDOC v1.8.26
- Outline and keyword strings in PDF files are now stored
as Unicode (STR #113)
- The Flate compression code could get in an infinite
loop if it ran out of memory (STR #101)
- Book files saved from the GUI did not handle filenames
with spaces (STR #105)
- Fixed and re-enabled the ASCII85Device filter support
in PostScript Level 2/3 output (STR #116)
- Character entities in the first word of a file were not
rendered properly (STR #111)
- Fixed-size table columns were incorrectly resized when
a table width was also specified and there was extra
space to distribute (PR #6062)
- Text could "walk" up or down when in-line images were
used (PR #6034)
- Row backgrounds incorrectly replaced cell backgrounds
when the first cell in a row used ROWSPAN (PR #6033, PR
- HTMLDOC did not correctly parse FONT FACE attributes
- Images in Level 2/3 PostScript output did not work on
some printers (PR #6000)
- The GUI did not use the first page header (PR #5978)
CHANGES IN HTMLDOC v1.8.25
- Added "--overflow" and "--no-overflow" command-line
options to show or hide the content-too-large errors;
the default is "--no-overflow".
- Added "--header1" command-line option and "HEADER1"
page comments to set the page header for the first page
of each chapter.
- Added "timing" and "remotebytes" debug data generation.
- Added DejaVu font collection to better support Cyrillic
and Greek text; the new fonts are available under the
generic names "monospace", "sans", and "serif".
- Added "--referer" command-line option and corresponding
CGI-mode support to pass Referer: information in HTTP
requests (STR #91)
- On Windows, HTMLDOC now logs CGI mode errors to a file
called "htmldoc.log" in the Windows temporary
- HTMLDOC no longer uses Base-85 encoding for image data
when producing Level 2 and 3 PostScript output. It
appears that many printers and PostScript interpreters
cannot properly decode this data when the original
image data is not a multiple of 8 bits.
- HTMLDOC now renders STRONG elements in boldface instead
of bold-italic to match the W3C recommendations.
- HTMLDOC now automatically inserts a TR element before a
TD or TH element as needed to improve web site
compatibility; this also triggers a HTML error in
- "$HFIMAGEn" didn't work in a header/footer string.
- HTMLDOC could crash when rendering a table.
- Book files were not used in CGI mode (STR #69)
- Cookies were not sent in HTTP requests (STR #71)
- Table cells were not aligned properly when the ROWSPAN
attribute was set to 1 (STR #73)
- HTMLDOC crashed when rendering unresolved hyperlinks in
aligned images (STR #62)
- Documented the HTMLDOC_NOCGI environment variable (STR
- HTMLDOC sometimes crashed when rendering tables with
background colors (STR #65)
- HTMLDOC would crash when writing encrypted strings
longer than 1024 bytes (STR #66)
- HTMLDOC didn't set the data directory when running in
CGI mode on Windows.
- HTMLDOC could crash when loading the Symbol.afm file
- HTMLDOC did not always honor HEIGHT attributes in table
- Tables with a mix of colspan and rowspan sometimes
caused cells to be moved vertically outside the cell.
CHANGES IN HTMLDOC v1.8.24
- HTMLDOC now provides limited cookie support via the
"--cookies" command-line option and via the cookies
passed by a browser in CGI mode.
- HTMLDOC now features a CGI mode which provides PDF
conversion functionality for web servers.
- HTMLDOC now generates a document outline for each
input file or URL in webpage mode; the outline shows
the title for the file and links to the first page
containing that file.
- HTMLDOC now offers an "htmlsep" output type which
generates HTML output with a separate file for each
heading in the table of contents.
- HTMLDOC now includes LINK elements in generated HTML
so that intelligent browsers like Mozilla can show
- HTMLDOC now supports the BORDERCOLOR attribute for
tables, a MSIE extension.
- The "strict HTML" mode now reports unresolved local
- Added support for HP LaserJet 5000 and Xerox DocuPrint
2000/100 printer commands.
- Added multiple header/footer image support.
- Links to external URLs are now resolved so that the
output file can be moved without affecting them.
- The command-line now allows --fontsize values from 4
to 26 to match the GUI.
- Now use a 0.001 point tolerance when checking for
content that overflows the page/cell.
- HTMLDOC no longer enables interpolation of 2-color
- The default vertical alignment of images is "BOTTOM"
to match the HTML specification.
- Paragraph spacing is only applied to the first table
after a paragraph.
- The tabloid media size was 10 points too short in
- The table formatter now subtracts the outside border
and padding widths for percentage-based widths. This
helps to eliminate "truncation or overlapping" errors.
- Dropped support for FLTK 1.0.x when building the GUI.
- The default vertical alignment is now "bottom" inside
paragraphs to correctly align different sized text and
images to the baseline.
- Indexed images are now written as PDF image objects
when encryption is enabled; this works around a
serious bug in Acrobat 6 which tries to decrypt the
colormap of in-line images twice, causing some very
- Table captions can now be bottom aligned.
- Blocks now break at the bottom of a page if the
current line height + standard line height goes below
the bottom of the page; this prevents images with
captions from getting erroneously moved to the top of
the next page.
- Character entities are now supported in HTML
attributes and unknown or invalid character entities
are left as plain text.
- Changed handling of NOWRAP for some tables.
- The --permissions option now supports multiple
permission keywords in a single invocation.
- Dropped support for MacOS 9 and earlier.
- HTMLDOC now breaks between images that are too large
to fit on a single line, to match the behavior of
Mozilla/Netscape (STR #7).
- HTMLDOC now handles XHTML input more cleanly.
- HTMLDOC no longer specifies an interpolation
preference for images in PostScript or PDF output (STR
- The DT element no longer applies an italic style (PR
- HTMLDOC now ignores content inside a STYLE element
- Switching between landscape and portrait orientations
would cause margin creepage.
- Images did not default to align=bottom, and the
align=bottom line spacing calculation was incorrect.
- Whitespace before a link was underlined.
- Fixed a table column sizing bug.
- HTMLDOC didn't read back the HTTP response properly in
- Fixed some more PNG transparency cases.
- The PageBoundingBox comments in PostScript output did
not account for the back page when duplexing was
- HTMLDOC generated an incorrect image mask for some
- The first page of each chapter did not use the custom
page number if it was placed inside the heading.
- HTMLDOC did not reset the rendering cache before each
page when producing N-up output; this caused font
errors in some cases that prevented the document from
printing or displaying properly.
- Eliminated a common cause of "table too wide"
- Fixed a bug when applying a table background color to
a cell without a border that cross a page boundary.
- Fixed some calls to strcpy with overlapping arguments.
- The names object was never set when the name objects
- Character entities were not decoded/encoded inside
- The current heading was not always correctly
substituted when used in the page header or footer.
- When converting web pages from the GUI, the
table-of-contents page number preferences were
- PDF page effects/transitions were not put in the right
part of the page dictionary, causing them not to be
used by the PDF reader application.
- The _HD_OMIT_TOC attribute was not being honored for
- HTMLDOC now handles "open" messages from the MacOS X
Finder (STR #3)
- The GUI did not load or save the "strict HTML" setting
- The HTML version of the title page did not set the ALT
attribute for the title image (STR #10)
- The HTML version of the table of contents did not
correctly nest the lists in the parent items (STR #10)
- Borders around left and right-aligned images were not
drawn properly (PR #5112)
- Grayscale PDF output was not truly grayscale (STR #32)
- Fixed a table-of-contents bug introduced in 1.8.24rc1
which caused the PDF document outline and actual TOC
pages were not rendered properly (STR #37)
- Links were not rendered due to a bug that was
introduced in 1.8.24rc2 (STR #41)
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.24 -r1.25 pkgsrc/www/htmldoc/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/www/htmldoc/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.7 -r1.8 pkgsrc/www/htmldoc/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/www/htmldoc/options.mk
cvs rdiff -r1.15 -r1.16 pkgsrc/www/htmldoc-x11/Makefile
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |