[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
PR/36982 CVS commit: pkgsrc/sysutils/smartmontools
The following reply was made to PR pkg/36982; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: OBATA Akio <obache%netbsd.org@localhost>
Subject: PR/36982 CVS commit: pkgsrc/sysutils/smartmontools
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 13:07:54 +0000 (UTC)
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: obache
Date: Sat May 17 13:07:54 UTC 2008
pkgsrc/sysutils/smartmontools: Makefile distinfo
pkgsrc/sysutils/smartmontools/patches: patch-ag patch-ah
pkgsrc/sysutils/smartmontools/patches: patch-ae patch-af
Update smartmontools to 5.38, UNSTABLE to STABLE.
Based on patch provided by Sergey Svishchev in PR 38573.
This version contains DragonFly support, noted in PR 36982.
patch-ag is taken from PR 38199.
Summary: smartmontools release 5.38 (STABLE)
This is a stable release of smartmontools. In addition to changes
below, it includes:
- Libata/Marvell driver devices no longer need explicit '-d' switch
- DEVICESCAN automatically detects libata/marvell driver SATA devices
- Fixed auto-offline/autosave support in FreeBSD
- SAT device type + SCSI generic devices work properly with smartd under Linux
- Many additions to drive database
- More portable autogen/autoconf/automake script set
- Additional Windows IOCTL route to access SMART data
- Some ATA-8 updates
- Smoother CCISS compilation support in Linux
- Dragonfly support
- Fixed some ATA identity byte swap problems on big endian CPUs
- Added support for the QNX operating system
- No-fork option added to smartd
- Improved device scanning and drive type recognition in Windows
- 3ware support for controllers with more disks (32 max)
- Improved Windows installer
- Improved SMART Attribute list and descriptions
- Fix to smartctl return codes
- Fix to scheduled tests on Highpoint RAID controllers
- New samsung firmware bug workaround option
- Auto-offline and Auto-save fixed in Linux + libata
- Solaris: better SCSI support and support for Sun compilers AND gcc
- Fixed and improvements to CCISS support
- More options for SCSI temperature monitoring and history
- Additional command line options for selective self-tests
- Compilation fixes for various platforms.
See CHANGELOG for more details, or smartmontools CVS for still further
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.14 -r1.15 pkgsrc/sysutils/smartmontools/Makefile \
cvs rdiff -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/sysutils/smartmontools/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r0 pkgsrc/sysutils/smartmontools/patches/patch-ae \
cvs rdiff -r0 -r1.1 pkgsrc/sysutils/smartmontools/patches/patch-ag \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |