Subject: pkg/35595: Update mail/bogofilter to 1.0.3 (latest stable)
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,>
From: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 02/13/2007 12:40:01
>Synopsis: Update mail/bogofilter to 1.0.3 (latest stable)
>Arrival-Date: Tue Feb 13 12:40:01 +0000 2007
>Originator: Kimura Fuyuki
>Release: NetBSD 4.99.10
System: NetBSD lapis.hadaly.org 4.99.10 NetBSD 4.99.10 (LAPIS) #65: Mon Feb 12 22:45:30 JST 2007 email@example.com:/usr/obj/sys/arch/amd64/compile/LAPIS amd64
* Released 1.0.3 to provide the bogotune bugfixes to a wider
* Work around GNU make 3.81 incompatibility in doc/Makefile*
(it does not work properly with "}\" at the line ends, but
wants "} \" instead).
* "make rpm" changes:
- document use with gpg-agent (see Makefile.am)
- build static RPMs (these won't fail) before shared RPMs
* #include cleanups in common.h, system.h and C files.
* Updated copyright dates.
* Included additional config file options in bogofilter's
* Corrected option parsing in bogotune to support -n ham1 ham2
-s spam1 spam2 as suggested by bogotune -h; broken since 0.93.2.
* Corrected problem with bogotune's -D option (thanks to Jason Smith).
* Corrected man page description of bogotune's -n and -s options.
* Fixed bf_compact's test for transactional environment.
* 1.0.2 Promoted to "Stable" status
* Added vm-bogofilter.el for using bogofilter with VM, an
Emacs mail tool (thanks to Björn Knutsson).
* Added FAQ question "How do I use bogofilter with VM (an
Emacs mail tool)?" (thanks to Pimpon).
* SleepyCat has been acquired by Oracle, who are now providing
Berkeley DB. Since most of the references are to actual
strings in the programs or addresses that remain unchanged,
this will only gradually show in the bogofilter sources and
* Flush output after writing spam header line and/or message body.
* When database is near to maximum allowed size, allow reading
it and disallow writing to it.
* Fix formatting of Rtable output when in the message header,
this keeps verbose passthrough modes RFC-822/2822 compliant.
* The configure script, when checking Berkeley DB capabilities,
now checks for logging and transactional subsystems rather
than the locking subsystem that was abandoned before 1.0.0.
This appears a suitable workaround for configure lockups on
OpenBSD 3.7 macppc with db 4.2 or 4.3.
* Only print Berkeley DB file size message once per run.
* 1.0.1 Promoted to "Stable" status
* Fixed --input-file and --output-file command line options.
* Added CVE-2005 identifiers for defects described in
* New names for binary rpms:
bogofilter-db42 - requires shared library for DB-4.2.52
bogofilter-db42-static - statically linked with DB-4.2.52
bogofilter-sqlite3 - requires shared library for SQLite3-3.2.8
bogofilter-sqlite3-static - statically linked with SQLite3-3.2.8
* The configure help texts have been revised, the IEEE checks
for trio have been simplified (they are no longer nested) and
configure.ac has been updated to quiet autoconf -Wobsolete
warnings. The README file now reflects the new requirements.
* For maintainers: Add install-staticdblibs.sh, a script to
fetch and build static & lean BerkeleyDB 220.127.116.11 and SQLite
3.2.8 libraries. Modify some parts of the RPM building so that
the binary RPMs are built without external dependencies beyond
glibc 2.2. This may render "make rpm" unusable on non-Linux
platforms, but you should still be able to "rpmbuild -tb" from
the source .tar.gz file.
* Add '-O' option to direct bogoutil output to a file.
* Fix building of binary rpms with SQLite support.
* Include SQLite binary rpm as standard part of "make rpm"
* Split NEWS file into files NEWS and NEWS.0 for new (version
1.0 and after) and old (version 0.x.y) info
* Capitalize variables in bogofilter.spec.in to please RH9's
RPM 4.2 implementation.
* Fix bad return code in db_loop() in datastore_sqlite.c
(reported by Sami Farin).
* XML documentation cleanups (thanks to Nicholas Kaiser).
* bogofilter.cf.example was updated to reflect the proper default of
db_log_autoremove=yes. It previously claimed the default were "off".
* Minor FAQ updates and correctons.
* Abort if ar(1) is not available during build.
* bogofilter supports BerkeleyDB 4.4.16. doc/README.db and INSTALL have
been updated accordingly.