Subject: Re: pkg/35480: security/libpreludedb fails to compile (NetBSD 3.0)
To: None <,,>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: pkgsrc-bugs
Date: 01/25/2007 12:05:06
The following reply was made to PR pkg/35480; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
Subject: Re: pkg/35480: security/libpreludedb fails to compile (NetBSD 3.0) 
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 18:56:47 +0700

     Date:        Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:55:02 +0000 (UTC)
     From:        "John R. Shannon" <>
     Message-ID:  <>
   |  Would you mind sending me work/libpreludedb-0.9.10/config.log?
 Sure, sent via private mail - not because it is private (feel free
 to do what you like with it), but just because it is big, and there's
 no need (I suspect) for it to sit forever in the gnats database...
 Some extra info - I was building a whole bunch of packages that I didn't
 previously have compiled, my procedure for doing this is (generally) to
 build each package (using pkg_comp, in the sandbox) then pkg_delete it
 (from the sandbox) - that way tends to avoid conflicts (allows things like
 the 7 different variants of vim to all get built easily).   Packages built
 or istalled as dependencies get left around in the sandbox.
 Yesterday I was adding the snort database set that I hadn't built in a
 long time, that includes snort-mysql snort-pgsql and snort-prelude
 and I'd built ()and then removed, I think) the first two of those.
 snort-prelude requires libpreludedb which I also did not have built,
 so that was being compiled as a dependency - that's where it failed.
 Today (after generating the PR), I trashed my sandbox, and started on
 all the updates of the packages that have been updated in the past couple
 of days (whenever I have an outdated binary package, I replace it).
 Then I received your request for the config.log, and so set out to
 rebuild it (using pkg_comp chroot and "make" rather than pkg_comp build
 so the whole thing doesn't get cleaned).   When I did that, the compile
 finished without problems.
 So, using information from your mail ...
   |  ./plugins/sql/pgsql/pgsql.c is the postgres database plugin. With the 
   |  configuration, this plugin should not be compiled. 
 and the knowledge that before compiling this before, I had just installed
 snort-pgsql, I thought I'd install that again.   So, I did that, using the
 binary package I'd built a day or two ago, and then deleted it again
 (pkg_delete) - however any dependencies required by snort-pgsql (which
 probably includes postgres) would be left installed.
 After this, libpreludedb failed again the same way as before .. that's
 the config.log file I sent you a few minutes ago.