Subject: pkg/34465: [update] x11/xterm
To: None <email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,>
From: Martin Wilke <miwi@FreeBSD.org>
Date: 09/04/2006 12:00:00
>Synopsis: [update] x11/xterm
>Arrival-Date: Mon Sep 04 12:00:00 +0000 2006
>Originator: Martin Wilke
>Release: NetBSD 4.0_BETA i386
System: NetBSD 4.0_BETA (GENERIC) #0: Thu Aug 31 02:51:57 UTC 2006
- Update to 218
* change behavior when encountering an illegal character in a title string. Rather than reject the string, translate illegal characters into "?" and use the string (requested by Thomas Wolff).
* improve checks for nonprinting characters in title strings (report by Samuel Thibault).
* correct typo in menu labels, changing print-redirect to print-redir, making it follow the manpage and match the usage for the actions table (report by Samuel Thibault).
* correct a typo that prevents building with some older systems such as Solaris 2.6 (report by Julian Bridle).
Patch #217 - 2006/8/20
* minor improvements to FreeType font layout and drawing.
* add a check in the ptyInitialErase logic to ensure that the termcap was read (Redhat Bugzilla #201246).
* limit changes for reverse-video from patch #216 to cases where the reverse-video command-line option is used (report by Zdenek Sekera).
* correct bitmap-derived pointsizes for TrueType fonts; they should be proportional to the square root of the area of the bitmap fonts.
* add resources to specify pointsize of TrueType fonts (request by Reuben Thomas).
* improve install of terminfo by filtering out harmless messages related to extended capabilities. At the same time, use ncurses tic to compile the extended capabilities if possible (report by Zdene k Sekera).
* update "xterm+pcfkeys" terminfo entry to correspond to patch #216.
Patch #216 - 2006/8/3
* improve handling of ConfigureNotify events by checking if there are further events in the queue which obsolete the current one (adapted from rxvt 2.7.5). Only the normal normal (non-toolbar) conf iguration is addressed in this patch.
* several changes to terminfo:
o incorporate some minor changes from ncurses to help keep these synchronized:
modify sgr/sgr0 in xterm-new to improve tgetent's derived "me".
remove ncv flag from xterm-16color
improve xterm-256color by combining the 16-color setaf/setab strings with SGR 48, and cancelling the setf/setb strings.
o use extended function-key definitions for xterm-sun, xterm-sco entries.
o add terminfo building-blocks corresponding to the modifyFunctionKeys and modifyCursorKeys resources.
* ifdef'd Sun function-key feature to make it optional, like HP and SCO.
* extend table for termcap-query feature through F63, and updated tcapquery.pl to match.
* modify logic for function-key input processing to allow function key numbers which are constructed by control- and shift-modifiers to extend beyond X's hardcoded limit of 35.
* add control sequence to set or reset the eightBitInput resource.
* change default resource modifyFunctionKeys to 2 to avoid sending SS3 with parameters (report by Kalle Olavi Niemitalo).
* add control sequences for setting and resetting the values of the modifyCursorKeys, modifyFunctionKeys and modifyOtherKeys resources.
* add modifyFunctionKeys resource like modifyCursorKeys. Setting this to zero allows one to use the control- and shift-modifiers to construct function key strings, for terminals using many function k eys, e.g., for xterm-sun or xterm-sco.
* modify screen responses and function-key logic to reduce the number of writes made, to make it less likely that an application would read only part of a function-key in a read operation (suggeste d by John E Urbanczyk).
* add combiningChars resource, which allows the user to specify the maximum number of combining characters that xterm will store for each cell in wide-character mode (prompted by request by Markus Kuhn to increase the limit from 2).
* improve logic in metaSendsEscape in case the Alt- and Meta-keys are mapped to different modifiers. That allows one to use the Alt-key for shifting in the eightBitInput and use a Meta-key modifier to prefix the result with an <ESC>.
* improve modifyCursorKeys logic to prevent it from modifying codes where eightBitInput or metaSendsEscape are set (request by Dan Nicolaescu).
* improve modifyCursorKeys logic to prevent it from changing the user input when other modifiers such as AltGr are used (report by Thomas Wolff).
* extend modifyCursorKeys to include the numeric keypad when in application mode.
* improve -reverse (-rv) option (patch by Jason Vas Dias, Redhat #189161).
* workaround for color resources on Fedora-5 which made the toolbar colors inconsistent.
* corrected calls used for --disable-setuid option, add debugging traces to help diagnose this area.
* modify configure script to ensure that USE_UTMP_SETGID is defined only if the check for POSIX saved-ids succeeds, or corresponds to one of the BSD systems known to have a workable setegid function.
* extend configure check for POSIX saved-ids to include BSD systems
* modify CF_SYSV configure macro to work with gcc on HPUX 10.20, whose broken <term.h> relies on including <termios.h>.
* change order of setuid/setgid ifdef checks in Imakefile to make it simpler to produce a setgid install, allowing the latter to override the former (prompted by an XFree86 commit).
* adapt a fix for setgid support from subsequent XFree86 changes (patch by Emanuele Giaquinta).
* further improve setgid support (patches by Emanuele Giaquinta).
Patch #215 - 2006/6/19 - XFree86 22.214.171.124
* improve setgid support by exploiting the saved-ids feature on which it relies (patch by Emanuele Giaquinta).
* make the modifyOtherKeys resource disabled by default since the intermediate setting altered some common bindings (report by Emanuele Giaquinta).
Patch #214 - 2006/6/18 - XFree86 126.96.36.199
* modify makefile rule for ctlseqs.txt to strip backspace/overstrikes, and add a copy of ctlseqs.txt to the source tarballs (requests by Bram Moolenaar, Emanuele Giaquinta).
* add modifyOtherKeys resource, analogous to the modifyCursorKeys resource. This applies to keys that normally would transmit nothing when a given modifier is applied (request by Dan Nicolaescu).
* add default to the acceptable values for the keyboardType resource, allowing the -kt command-line option to override app-defaults resource settings of sunKeyboard, etc.
* correct ifdef's for XkbBell() which used the header file but not the corresponding function in patch #175 (report by Zach Beane).
* add xterm manpage to the --with-symlink logic.
* regenerated configure script to omit some debugging artifacts of the SIGWINCH test.
* fix install-man rule in Makefile.in to avoid including the $(DESTDIR) value in substitutions made on the manpages (patch by Emanuele Giaquinta).
* improved fix for cursor deallocation (Redhat #186935, patch by Jason Vas Dias).
* improve checks for setuid/setgid operation to accommodate limited resource management in some kernels (GenToo #193238).
* update config.guess, config.sub
Patch #213 - 2006/4/30 - XFree86 188.8.131.525
* minor optimization to cell layout; will use that to simplify some logic and allow for more than two combining characters in another patch.
* add utf8Latin1 resource to make optional the feature from patch #209 which allowed ISO-8859-1 fonts to be used in cases where a wide font was given. This would only work for the special case where the user normally used Latin-1 and wanted some wide characters (report by Rostislav Krasny).
* add utf8Title resource to manpage (Novell #52655).
* fix typo in table entry for utf8Title resource which made it treated as an integer rather than boolean (patch by Mike Fabian, Novell #52655).
--- xterm.diff begins here ---
RCS file: /home/pcvs/pkgsrc/x11/xterm/Makefile,v
retrieving revision 1.30
diff -u -r1.30 Makefile
--- Makefile 25 Jun 2006 19:37:44 -0000 1.30
+++ Makefile 4 Sep 2006 11:44:03 -0000
@@ -1,6 +1,6 @@
# $NetBSD: Makefile,v 1.30 2006/06/25 19:37:44 rillig Exp $
RCS file: /home/pcvs/pkgsrc/x11/xterm/distinfo,v
retrieving revision 1.20
diff -u -r1.20 distinfo
--- distinfo 26 Apr 2006 14:04:57 -0000 1.20
+++ distinfo 4 Sep 2006 11:44:18 -0000
@@ -1,5 +1,5 @@
$NetBSD: distinfo,v 1.20 2006/04/26 14:04:57 joerg Exp $
-SHA1 (xterm-212.tgz) = 1189d9dfeb989362f123d6f5a4d21b5be4deaf93
-RMD160 (xterm-212.tgz) = 2808cdf3f550ef9df7e83a4844f3f4f64f0508a1
-Size (xterm-212.tgz) = 764465 bytes
+SHA1 (xterm-218.tgz) = 6b7c6d0efc4230eba154d710cc0293c646dbfb3d
+RMD160 (xterm-218.tgz) = 8b2cbce07da5d7a46f3aa988fd65d4df688e7e9c
+Size (xterm-218.tgz) = 796457 bytes
--- xterm.diff ends here ---