Subject: Re: updating from 3.1 -> 4.0 BOOTING ISSUE
To: Adrian Portelli <adrianp@stindustries.net>
From: Glenn Becker <burningc@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/29/2007 22:36:03
I should I guess have mentioned that this is a multi-boot system. grub is
installed on my Debian partition and has been handling my 6 OSs fine. I
have even had NetBSD on an extended partition alongside my Linuxes and it
has booted fine (I think I read this was not possible) with the following
grub entry:

rootnoverify (hd0,9,a)
kernel --type=netbsd /netbsd
chainloader +1
boot

... but now that I have updated to 4.0, I get the following when I
attempt to boot NetBSD:

Error 13: Invalid or unsupported executable format

I am wondering what I should change the parameters to to get this to boot.
I can play around on the grub command line some, but any advice would be
welcome :^), other wise I'm just kinda blindly casting about.

I tried removing the chainloader +1 line as I read it was no longer
necessary, but this didn't have any effect. I suspect it is the "kernel
..." line but am not sure what to alter this to.

Thanks in advance for any ideas ...

Regards,

Glenn

Glenn Becker - burningc@sdf.lonestar.org