Subject: Re: Unable to boot "install-CD" of 4.0 "final"
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/25/2007 16:19:33
On Tue, Dec 25, 2007 at 02:14:22PM +0100, Gilbert Fernandes wrote:

> go in the bios and try to turn stuff off.
> [..]
> see if you can turn off stuff in the bios one by one and check :)

I'm not sure, whether did you notice, that I wrote, that I was able to boot
system from install-CD successfully, when I disconnected my hard drive from
the controller. Of course, in such case I've got no place to install NetBSD
onto, right?

So, it seems to not be anything BIOS-related, looks like problem with driver
for my SiI3112A. Perhaps the letter "A" at the end has some unknown meaning
to the driver (I mean: driver "likes" only SiI3112, without "A"?).
--
				pozdrawiam / regards

						Zbigniew Baniewski