Subject: Re: Unable to boot "install-CD" of 4.0 "final"
To: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
From: Gilbert Fernandes <gilbert.fernandes@orange.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/25/2007 14:14:22
On Tue, Dec 25, 2007 at 02:02:09PM +0100, Zbigniew Baniewski wrote:

> No, it's not hung, the messages stays after the USB-devices related lines
> (as I wrote: seems, that there's a problem with HDD recognition?) - after
> I press <Control>-<Alt>-<Esc>, and after I type "bt", there is a message:

go in the bios and try to turn stuff off.
at work i have some very recent dell machines and could not
install netbsd on my main one because.. of the sound card :/

i had to go in the bios and turn off the sound card so the
kernel would not "stop" detecting hardware on boot. it did stop
after the hard-disk + cd detection and nothing would happen.
and it was not a crash because pressing the power off button was
detected by the kernel as such.

see if you can turn off stuff in the bios one by one and check :)

--
unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; find ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ;
yes ; fsck ; umount ; sleep