Subject: hardidsk 2 not detected with netbsd-4 on shuttle ss51g
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Gilbert Fernandes <gilbert.fernandes@orange.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/23/2007 21:39:39
I have another problem using netbsd-4 on the shuttle ss51g

Machine has 2 IDE controllers :

IDE0 -> 300 Gb Maxtor disk (wd0)
IDE1 -> Master=Plextor CDRW drive (sd0)
        Slave=Maxtor 300 Gb

When using NetBSD, wd0 is seen but not wd1

I have booted on an OpenBSD 4.0 CD I got around and wd0 and wd1
are detected.

The NetBSD is using a GENERIC.NOACPI kernel with no change from me
inside.

Has anyone drives not reporting under NetBSD 4 ?

Both driver were detected on previous versions of NetBSD.

Since I dont need the Plextor I am going to remove it and install
the wd1 drive as master on IDE1 hoping this will make it appear
but this is wrong.

--
unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; find ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ;
yes ; fsck ; umount ; sleep