Subject: Re: Unable to boot "install-CD" of 4.0 "final"
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/21/2007 22:55:04
On Fri, Dec 21, 2007 at 09:47:03PM +0100, Zbigniew Baniewski wrote:

> the system is unable to recognize USB - yes, it "freezes" even before it
> says anything about USB ports.

After I take a closer look, I could see, that actually it did recognize USB
ports at much earlier stage. The problem seems to be, that it's getting
"frozen", when it's trying to recognize USB devices (directly after HDD
recognition).

But presently it halts further booting whether there are any USB-peripherals
connected, or not (in the latter case booting messages are ending on the HDD
recognition).

There weren't such problems in 3.1. Even in the case of Zafer's "jihbed"
live-CD it passed the booting, when my mouse wasn't connected - which
currently doesn't help anymore.
--
				pozdrawiam / regards

						Zbigniew Baniewski