Subject: Re: Re: E17 - Re: BSD licensed GUI and framebuffer
To: Dinesh Nadarajah <dinesh.nadarajah@gmail.com>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/20/2007 22:59:05
--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7

I've just downloaded and compile it on my XPS M1330, running NetBSD/i386
4.99.42 ; it took about 30min. There was just a missing file in the
middle of the packages so my "make package clean" stopped.

Man, this release is just blazzing fast and pretty by nature...
Compared to XFCE, openbox or windowmaker plus xcompmgr, it's just as
fast and as pretty (to not write more pretty ;-).

This is really worth a try.

On Thu, Dec 20 2007 - 15:38, Dinesh Nadarajah wrote:
> I am installing E17 from WIP right now on 4.0-RELEASE. Man its
> downloading the whole whorld as dependencies. I mean GTK 1.2, QT 3.3,
> ... all sorts of stuff. I don't recall E17 depending on all these. Its
> either the newer versions depnd on these or that the WIP port is
> pulling in all these. Still going on after 4 hours.
>=20
> -D
>=20
> On Dec 20, 2007 3:15 AM, Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > wip/e17
> >
> > ... which, considering that it is still early days, is surprisingly
> > usable - I have meant to try it for some time and it looks good. I'll
> > give it a longer try for a while to see how it goes.

Xaw

> > > --
> > > /dev/random says:
> > >         Remember, UNIX spelled backwards is XINU.
> > > Chavdar Ivanov   | Talbot Way, Small Heath Business Park
> > > Delcam UK        | Birmingham B10 0HJ, United Kingdom
> > > Customer Support | (+44)121-6831014
> > >

> > --
> > /dev/random says:
> >         Remember, UNIX spelled backwards is XINU.
> > Chavdar Ivanov   | Talbot Way, Small Heath Business Park
> > Delcam UK        | Birmingham B10 0HJ, United Kingdom
> > Customer Support | (+44)121-6831014

--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7

--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7--