Subject: Re: E17 - Re: BSD licensed GUI and framebuffer
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Magnus Eriksson <magetoo@fastmail.fm>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/20/2007 14:52:36
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:

>> wip/e17
>
> ... which, considering that it is still early days, is surprisingly
> usable - I have meant to try it for some time and it looks good. I'll
> give it a longer try for a while to see how it goes.

   Interesting.  I had no idea that Enlightenment was anything more than a
particularly spiffy window manager.

(
   Not sure what to make of this though (from the site):

  "Enlightenment is a window manager. Enlightenment is a desktop shell.
Enlightenment is the building blocks to create beautiful applications.
Enlightenment, or simply *e*, is a group of people trying to make a new
generation of software."

   What is it, a GUI or a cult?  And, "E"?  Um...
)

There's also this list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_widget_toolkits

...but pretty much all of them are LGPL.  (wxWidgets is some form of
"relaxed LGPL" though.)

MAgnus