Subject: using FreeBSD-drives under NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Baer <christian.baer@uni-dortmund.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/16/2007 10:11:11
Good morning, people!

The question I am about to ask is really somewhat dumb and as far as I can
tell, what I want to do should work just fine. Just want to be sure about
this.

What I want to do is to move data from a FreeBSD box to a NetBSD one. The
idea I had was to take a hard drive from the FreeBSD box and put it into
the NetBSD box. The drive is formatted with FFS under FreeBSD (should be
FFS2), no encryption or anything fancy, I even used a "real" partition
table (not one of these "dangerously dedicated" drives).

Can I mount the FreeBSD partition with NetBSD and just copy the data to
the another drive?

Regards
Chris