Subject: RE: Doscmd?
To: Zachary Kline <klinez@onid.orst.edu>
From: De Zeurkous <zeurkous@nichten.info>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/15/2007 23:19:10
Haai,

On Sat, December 15, 2007 23:05, Zachary Kline wrote:

> "De Zeurkous" <zeurkous@nichten.info> wrote in message
>>[snip]
>
> Unfortunately, Dosbox works even less well with a screen reader

It's funny. My mind left out the words 'screen reader' during my first
read, and the entire message still made /exact/ sense, except for the
OpenGL bit. Go figure.

> than does
> running the things natively in the XP command prompt.  For some reason,
> SDL
> applications have a lot of trouble with that in general, as do OpenGL and
> whatever the heck else they have now.  Low-level graphics access is no
> good!

Indeed. We should have a compat_messdos instead of doscmd, which should
intercept any writes to character memory and deliver them to stdout.

Baai,

De Zeurkous

Friggin' Machines!

--