Subject: Re: NetBSD 4.0_RC5 : can't ypbind to NIS server ?
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Gilbert Fernandes <fernandes@math.univ-paris13.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/13/2007 11:27:58
Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> I was more thinking about something like hosts_access(5).

no host.allow or .deny there

> 1. What IS the server?

the server is a red hat server and we are not allowed to replace
it with something else :p we can check it, or configure it a little
but that's all.

> 2. look at ypserv's debug information (on NetBSD, run ypserv as "ypserv -l";
>    it's output would be logged with LOG_DAEMON / LOG_ERR,LOG_WARNING,LOG_INFO

i can't restart the ypserv. too many users right now using it.

> If ypserv does not answer, there must be some reason for it, and it should
> be able to tell you.

we have been looking for error messages but can't find any.

> 3. show us the network configurations of the server and  your box.
> (ifconfig -an, netstat -rn at least)

bge0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
capabilities=3f80<TSO4,IP4CSUM_Rx,IP4CSUM_Tx...
enabled=0
address <mac address here>
status: active
inet 192.168.70.252 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.70.255

(i got an IP from the dhcpd server, and go local network access,
internet access and the three nfs shares are mounted)

the server also has a gigabit ethernet, IP 192.168.70.6
and its name is apollon. it's a red hat server but i dont have
access on it