Subject: RE: Advanced power management in atactl(8)
To: Marco Trillo <marcotrillo@gmail.com>
From: De Zeurkous <zeurkous@nichten.info>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/18/2007 21:50:00
Haai,

Out of pure, unadulterated boredom, some pedantry concerning the manual:

On Sun, November 18, 2007 13:59, Marco Trillo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>                 Controls the Advanced Power Management feature of the
> speci-
>                 fied device.  Advanced Power Management is an optional
> feature
>                 used to specify a power management level to balance
> between
>                 device performance and power consumption.
>
>                 disable         Disable the Advanced Power Management.
>
>                 set #           Enable the Advanced Power Management
> feature
>                                 and set its level to the value #, where #
> is
>                                 an integer within the scale 0-253; being 0
> the
>                                 mode with the lowest power consumption
> (and
>                                 thus the worse performance)

s/and thus the worse performance/and thus providing the worst performance/

> and 253 the
> mode
>                                 which provides the better performance at a
>                                 cost of more power consumption.

s/provides the better performance/providest the best performance/
s/at a cost/at the cost/

>                                 It should be noted that the effect of the

s/It should be noted/Note that/

>                                 value need not be continous. For example,

s/continous/continuous/

>                                 device might provide only two modes: one
> from
>                                 0 to 126 and other from 127 to 253. Per
> the
>                                 specification, values of 127 and higher do
> not
>                                 permit the device to spin down to save
> power.
>
> [...]
>
> NetBSD 4.0_RC3                  April 12, 2005                  NetBSD
> 4.0_RC3
>
>[snip patch]

Baai,

De Zeurkous