Subject: Re: Installboot with Qemu serial console?
To: netbsd-users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Leonardo Taccari <leonardo1990@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/18/2007 14:12:37
--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+

Hello Zack,

> > You probably need a much larger timeout, because qemu does
> > something wrong with the timer emulation. I use timeout=3D9999.
>     How would I go about setting this?  I tried with my install floppy ag=
ain=20
> and still get a zero-second timeout, which is useless.
> Thanks much,
> Zack.

For setting this you should do something like that:
 installboot -v -o timeout=3D10000 /dev/rwd0a /usr/mdec/bootxx_ffsv1=20

I tested that right now with QEMU on a NetBSD-4.0RC3 virtual machine and
it takes about 10 or 15 seconds to boot.

I think that QEMU has got some problems in the timeout booting.

Thank you and good luck.

Ciao, Leonardo
--=20
 --Leonardo Taccari (leot) | http://leot.netsons.org