Subject: Re: ddclient=YES does not start ddlient as daemon
To: Daniel Horecki <shinden@linux.pl>
From: Alasdair Reed <alasdair@iprimus.com.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/18/2007 22:56:04
On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 11:43:38AM +0100, Daniel Horecki wrote:
> On Nov 18, 2007 9:50 AM, Alasdair Reed <alasdair@iprimus.com.au> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like start ddclient as a daemon, but placing ddclient=YES in rc.conf does not start the service. Have I missed something? ddclient starts fine when started from the command line. I run it as root.
> > Any help most gratefully accepted.
> >

> Do you have /etc/rc.d/ddclient or did you copy
> /usr/pkg/share/examples/rc.d/ddclient to that dir if you haven't
> defined "PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS=yes" in /etc/mk.conf? ;-)
>
> morr
>
> --
> Daniel 'Shinden' Horecki
> http://morr.pl

Hi Daniel,

copied /usr/pkg/share/examples/rc.d/ddclient to /etc/rc.d/ddclient rebooted, worked straight away.
I imagine that the "PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS=yes" if defined as you describe would enable any pkg that can run as a daemon to have that feature enabled as as I tried to do. Is there a list of these deinitions for mk.conf? I searched for something like this,tipped off by the fact that every daemon  running on my system that needed a definition in rc.conf was not a pkg,  but couldn't find anything the manual doesn't say anything about these definitions.
Thanks again for the help.

Regards,

Alasdair