Subject: Re: Unicode text editor
To: Magnus Eriksson <magetoo@fastmail.fm>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/17/2007 13:20:36
On Wed 14 Nov 2007 at 20:57:35 +0100, Magnus Eriksson wrote:
>    Can anyone here recommend a decent and relatively dependency-free text
> editor that handles Unicode?  Preferably a graphical one, but if I have to
> run it in an mlterm, that might be acceptable too.

Gvim should handle Unicode, either graphically or in a terminal.
As far as I can make out, font selection would be a lot easier in the
Gtk2 version (editors/vim-gtk2) than the XAW version (vim-xaw).

From :help unicode :

Vim has comprehensive UTF-8 support.  It appears to work in:
- xterm with utf-8 support enabled
- Athena, Motif and GTK GUI
- MS-Windows GUI

-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.