Subject: Has much thought been given to having more third-party software in binary form?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rick McCombs <rick.mccombs@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/09/2007 19:49:43
I wonder if there has ever been much consideration to have more
third-party software in binary form?
It would seem to make it easier to install on older systems and
systems that aren't online (install from CD).
I have a Pentium II that is online and tar zxvf pkgsrc.tar.gz is still
running  after over 2 hours.

I may install on a computer that doesn't usually have net access but I
probably will bring it here to  where I do have net access anyway back
up some stuff but its not much faster than a Pentium ii so I'll
probably have to leave it a few days.

By the way is there an eta for 4.0 or should I try a release candidate?

--
Email  rick.mccombs@gmail.com  If you want a gmail invitation just ask.
Amateur Radio AD5DU.