Subject: Re: Areca RAID controller driver?
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@astron.com>
From: Joseph A. Dacuma <jadacuma@ched.gov.ph>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/08/2007 12:35:41
> Joseph A. Dacuma <jadacuma@ched.gov.ph> wrote:
>>> Salut,

>>> I think that this is impossible. ;-)

>>> If a different BSD has a driver already, it should be an easy fix.
>>>
>>> 				Tonnerre
>>>
>>OpenBSD has drivers for Areca SATA RAID controllers, ARC(4). It would be
>>nice if somebody has time to import it.
>>
>>http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=arc&arch=i386&sektion=4
>
> To avoid extra work, TNF has funded a developer to do the ARC OpenBSD
> driver port. The driver seems to be probing and responding to commands
> properly, and we are waiting for actual disks to arrive to test its
> functionality completely. The driver is planned to be available on the
> 4.0 branch.
>
> christos

That's great news! There were reports that FreeBSD driver arcmsr(4) has
problems for 6.2. Users experiencing errors are advised to install the
driver directly from Areca. Also, to avoid extra typing :), the official
report can be referenced from the link below under item number four,
"Known Problems and Solutions":

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.2R/errata.html

Many thanks for the info and the hardwork to have Areca be included for
NetBSD 4 branch.

Warm regards,

Joseph