Subject: Re: Areca RAID controller driver?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@astron.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/07/2007 20:19:45
In article <65069.61.9.41.179.1194456232.squirrel@co-mail.ched.gov.ph>,
Joseph A. Dacuma <jadacuma@ched.gov.ph> wrote:
>> Salut,
>>
>> On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 15:06:05 +0200 Jukka Marin <jmarin@embedtronics.fi>
>> wrote:
>>> I'm still not getting a decent performance out of a 3ware 9550SXU
>>> card with RAID5 and lots of small files.  My hw dealer was kind enough
>>
>> I think that this is impossible. ;-)
>>
>>> So the question is: Is anyone working on ARC driver for NetBSD?
>>
>> If a different BSD has a driver already, it should be an easy fix.
>>
>> 				Tonnerre
>>
>OpenBSD has drivers for Areca SATA RAID controllers, ARC(4). It would be
>nice if somebody has time to import it.
>
>http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=arc&arch=i386&sektion=4

To avoid extra work, TNF has funded a developer to do the ARC OpenBSD
driver port. The driver seems to be probing and responding to commands
properly, and we are waiting for actual disks to arrive to test its
functionality completely. The driver is planned to be available on the
4.0 branch.

christos