Subject: Re: ntp.conf man page
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Baer <christian.baer@uni-dortmund.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/04/2007 13:52:00
On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 21:17:15 +1100 Malcolm Herbert wrote:

>|My _personal_ feeling is that man pages are great for a little bit more
>|help than you get with app --help.  Anything more than that is best in
>|html.  Perhaps mutt or links or something should be in the same install
>|set as the man system.  If you're going to read docs on the box, you may
>|as well have all the tools to read the docs.
>
> I'm curious - how would mutt help in reading man pages?

Put this in ~/.mailcap:
text/html; links %s

and this:
set mailcap_path = ~/.mailcap

in your ~/.muttrc. That will let you view html with mutt. Then do
this:

cat /path/to/html-manpage | mail -F [username] -s manpage

Then you should have new a mail with html-content. Start mutt and you can
read it. :-)

Regards,
Chris