Subject: Re: Changing to NetBSD
To: Christian Baer <christian.baer@uni-dortmund.de>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/29/2007 14:39:15
At 13:56 Uhr +0100 28.10.2007, Christian Baer wrote:
>On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:15:43 +0200 Martin Husemann wrote:
>
>>  There are lots of patches in pkgsrc to fix most of the sparc64 issues.
>>  The mozilla people unfortunately are pretty slow at integrating this
>>  stuff (and reject some of our solutions but do not realy help with
>>  better ones).
>
>Does this somehow go into the direction of "We are big and don't need your
>crap"?

"Do not attribute to malice what is easily explained by incompetence."

In my experience, both from submitting bugs and watching others' bug
reports, mozilla's complexity results in glacial progress as soon as
more than one developer is involved. Somebody would have to "adopt" a
patch, and take it all the way into the next release, which usually
does not happen.

	hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
      Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281