Subject: Re: changing to NetBSD, still not quite sure... :-/
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/29/2007 14:48:29
At 4:15 Uhr -0700 29.10.2007, Andy Ruhl wrote:
>On 10/28/07, Holger Weiss <lists@jhweiss.de> wrote:
>>  Well, and etcupdate(8) is very similar to mergemaster.
>
>I never even knew that existed.

Then I pity you...

>I just know the files I edit, and
>check their version and merge them by hand. This will be easier. I
>guess I haven't read the postinstall man page in a while, or didn't
>read it fully or something.

...because etcupdate(8) is the tool that singlehandedly made updating
NetBSD installations fun for me. These days, it can use {x,}etc.tgz
tarballs, and invokes postinstall(8) itself after updating /etc.

By all means, try it.

	hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
      Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281