Subject: Re: Changing to NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz@oktsieben.kh-22.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/27/2007 23:05:34
Martin Husemann wrote:

> There are lots of patches in pkgsrc to fix most of the sparc64 issues.
> The mozilla people unfortunately are pretty slow at integrating this
> stuff (and reject some of our solutions but do not realy help with
> better ones).

This makes me wonder: Shouldn't those problems also happen with Firefox
on Solaris/SPARC? At least

  http://svn.blastwave.org:5957/csw/trunk/apps/firefox/files/

does not show a lot of patches for the Blastwave version of Firefox.
In fact they patch only autoconf.mk.in and provide their own .mozconfig.

If I understood correctly, Solaris will switch from Mozilla to Firefox as
the web browser in their base system in the near future, so I would
expect SUN to make sure Firefox to be sparc64 compatible.

ciao
     Klaus