Subject: Re: Changing to NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Baer <christian.baer@uni-dortmund.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/24/2007 11:33:54
On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 00:57:04 -0000 (GMT) Andrew Ball wrote:

> I would hope so, but the project in question is for a non-profit
> organization and to date no "thin clients" have been donated.

Sorry, I was thinking more in terms of "we have very little money". You
can get thin clients at very low prices and they get the job done. But in
your case, this probably doesn't apply or help very much.

> We do however have a pile of donated PC parts that could be used to
> build a few simple graphical terminals.  I'll donate the time it takes
> to bolt them together.

I haven't tried this yet, but it should also be possible with a very
minmalistic system. Maybe even with some sort of a live system.

Regards
Chris