Subject: Re: Very slow on Dell Latitude D630
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Dinesh Nadarajah <dinesh.nadarajah@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/09/2007 14:55:29
I got around it just a few seconds back. It seems the BIOS lets one
use the SATA controller in two modes: ATA and AHCI. When I selected
AHCI it seems to work really well but not when set to ATA.

I did not have issues with FreeBSD or Windows on it.  I got a little
bit more info here:

http://www.nabble.com/AHCI-support-for-SATA-devices--t742630.html

Thanks.

-D