Subject: re0 on MSI 262 doesn't get an IP with dhclient
To: , <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Erik Freytag <jefreytag@nikaforce.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/09/2007 15:10:22
Hi everybody!

I am experiencing a strange problem on my notebook. It's a MSI 262 and I try
to run NetBSD 4.0 RC2/amd64 on it. It has a Realtek 8111 NIC built in that
seems to be recognized by NetBSD and served with the re-driver.

But when I try to use dhclient re0 on this device, it simply behaves as if the
cable is not plugged in (just plug out the cable of your PC to reproduce the
same messages/behaviour). I used the same cable on the windows xp and
debian-installation on  the same notebook and both operating systems are able
to get an IP from the router (telekom W500V DSLmodem/router). It seems to me
like a driver-problem.

Have a good day,

Jeff

P.S.: I also updated the routers firmware but the behaviour remained.