Subject: Re: getting gcc 4.x.x on netbsd 3.1
To: <>
From: Michael Kell Jensen <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/07/2007 21:50:31
Matthias Scheler wrote:

> This will only happen if you build from the NetBSD 3.1 sources. If you
> build tools from the NetBSD 4.0 sources (even under NetBSD 3.1) you will
> get GCC 4.1.2.
> 	Kind regards

Thats what i meant :), what i asked, was if it was possible to
tell (from netbsd 3.1) to get me the gcc4.x.x
compiler, i think i can guess that cant do that.
(was thinking that, might fetch the sources for itself)

Anyway the above was just to show that im not totally dense :)

I have gotten the sets, for NetBSD 4.0RC2, followed instructions
from the guide, for obtaining sources, and.

make a folder, cd to it.
$ ./ -m amd64 tools
And away i go.

I thought that i should maybe specify DESTDIR and the like.
but just use my workfolder as "root" folder.
Just so easy.

I now can use netBSD for my university project.
(creating parts of an operating system from scratch),
while the other guys( and girls) are stuck with cygwin, yeah!

Thanks for all the help to all, great!