Subject: Re: Problems booting NetBSD 4 RC2 in IBM Thinkpad T41
To: Francisco Valladolid Hdez. <>
From: David Brownlee <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/05/2007 09:15:19
On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Francisco Valladolid Hdez. wrote:

> Hi folks
> Recently I download a iso image for NetBSD 4 RC2, then
> I prepare a IBM T41 laptop for setup on it.
> I have problems trying to boot correctly.
> I take a photo with my digital camera and post it
> here:
> In this point my laptop is halt.

 	I see what may be a similar issue with a T41p, but only
 	with an kernel with ACPI - the boot kangs after "Kernelized
 	RAIDframe activated". I've only just found this and I need
 	to be using the machine today so I'll try to get more
 	details this evening.

 	What is interesting (from this end), is that same kernel runs
 	fine on a selection of Asus A8V-Deluxe amd64 boxes, an NVIDIA
 	nForce2 AthlonXP box, and some old Dell PIII boxes, *plus*
 	an RC1 kernel from Sep 27th runs fine on the thinkpad.

 	Would you be able to try an RC1 kernel on your system to see
 	if it boots as a datapoint?

 		David/absolute       -- No hype required --