Subject: RE: a very slow 2.2Ghz amd64
To: George Georgalis <>
From: De Zeurkous <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/04/2007 19:33:10

On Thu, October 4, 2007 18:56, George Georgalis wrote:
> Oh,
> viaide0 at pci0 dev 6 function 0
> viaide0: NVIDIA nForce4 IDE Controller (rev. 0xf2)

Your very problem, right there. The nForce ATA controllers are complete
crap. Known issue, go bug 'NVIDIA' about it...

> I thought since I had Ultra/133, I was okay. Is "compatibility
> mode" my problem? Do I need sata controler to fix?

Had somewhat better results using the nForce on-chip SATA controllers
myself (the viaide(4)'s, not the Silicon Image ones included with some
boards), but it's no cigar either.

De Zeurkous

Friggin' Machines!