Subject: Re: Installing local packages and NetBSD guide
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/28/2007 04:42:08
On Jan 11,  5:23am, Magnus Eriksson wrote:
} On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Martin Husemann wrote:
}
} > I disagree - NetBSD mtree files have no right to tell the administrator
} > what permissions directories should have that NetBSD does not even care
} > about.
}
} But:
}
} > (/usr/local/* is still retained in various default PATHs, for convenience)
}
} Smells like potential security problems to me, if it still is the case.

     What security problem?  If the administrator doesn't put anything
there, then nothing will be found.  If the administrator does put
something there, then presumably they intend it to be used.

}-- End of excerpt from Magnus Eriksson