Subject: Re: iSCSI problems with AIX initiator
To: None <nbap@gmx.net>
From: Bill Stouder-Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/25/2007 10:43:31
--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 02:04:24PM +0200, nbap@gmx.net wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I am using iscsi-target "netbsd-iscsi 20060727" from pkgsrc
> on 4.0_BETA2 with an AIX 5.3 software initiator.
> It seems that AIX wants SCSI write and verify - I get an
>=20
> UNKNOWN OPCODE 0x2e=20
>=20
> when using the AIX hdisk.
>=20
> Is this correct or am I misinterpreting the message?
> Would it be (easily) possible to add support for 0x2e?

Note: unless you're seeing an error in the initiator's logs, this isn't=20
fatal.

Write and Verify is optional. So the target not having it should not be=20
fatal. I expect it isn't as you're only seeing one log message on the=20
target; once it realizes it won't work, the initiator stops trying.

Take care,

Bill

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn--